Thursday, January 7, 2010

Which way do you wash your clothes?

Usually, I do it like in this article here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4698754_wash-clo鈥?/a>





How do you like to do it? Do you separate whites from colors, or throw it all together?Which way do you wash your clothes?
Those who throw them all together wear, sooner or later, some weirdly colored clothes.Which way do you wash your clothes?
First time on your own?





Unless you want pink underwear, t-shirts %26amp; dress shirts, make sure that your whites are washed separate from any colors except for blues.





A little blue tint coming off on your whites is actually a good thing. many fabric manufacturer's add a bluing agent to white fabric to give the illusion of brightness. I don't understand it completely but somehow it works.





aside from protecting your whites, you are good to go mixing mostly anything together if you're not fussy about undies being washed with your facecloths.





If you have darks ie socks and slacks and don't like to have them covered with lint it is advisable to not wash them with towels or light colored sweats as they will be covered in lint when you are done.





If you have to wear dress shirts but hate to iron, be ready to grab and hang your dress shirts while their still hot in the dryer. Or better yet, do what I do and only by 'perfectly pressed' shirts from Mark's Work Warehouse(in Canada only I think). they are the best wrinkle proof shirts you can get for under $60.00. you have to hunt for a good design/pattern but it's worth it.





Try to buy all of your socks in the same brand and color at the same time. this way you never have to pair them.





I left home at 14 and until I got married had been doing all my own laundry since I was 12. Most of the time I mixed everything together regardless of color but it didn't matter because I only bought second hand clothes back then and the risk of color transfer was fairly minimal with used clothing and most of my clothes were blue or white which were always fine to wash together.





Don't sweat it. if you are a guy, most of your clothes are virtually indestructible in the laundry. Girls however need to be more cautious of how they clean their clothes because many of the sweaters, skirts, blouses and undies are made of delicate fabrics that can be damaged by machine washers, hot water, detergents, or heat from the dryer.


Always read the tags on your clothing to see how to wash properly and don't buy clothes that say 'dry clean only' on the tags.


here are some links to a sight that will explain the symbols on the clothing you buy:


http://www.cleaning101.com/laundry/fabricsymbols2.cfm


http://www.cleaning101.com/laundry/fabricsymbols.cfm


http://www.cleaning101.com/laundry/fabriclabels.cfm
If you know your clothes don't bleed, you can safely wash them together. Usually 100 % cotton will bleed. Put a white t-shirt or undies you don't care about in the washer, and see what happens.


If you must mix, and you think their safe, wash a little colder.


Never wash towels with regular clothes.
I sort, lights, whites, pinks and reds, jeans, towels, but but my unmentionables I was totally separate and NEVER dry. Same with sweaters. I wash only my whites and towels in hot, everything else in cold. I used to use warm, but have found no difference. This works for me.
Lemon juice cleans grease off of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment