Thursday, January 7, 2010

When to start washing baby's clothes?

I'm 30 weeks now and was wondering when is it a good idea to start washing the baby's clothes? I was thinking very soon since I have been soooo tired and suffering from lots of swelling.. I can't imagine how I'll feel weeks from now, but I'm not sure if it's too soon. The ones I will wash I would put in the drawers. Any input?When to start washing baby's clothes?
Wash them now if you want to. The more preparation you do ahead of time the better. My husband was giving me a hard time because I had my bag packed for the hospital two months early and had him set up the bassinette so early but then my baby came three weeks ahead of schedule! So it was actually good that I had done so much. Also, never underestimate the power of nesting! When you start feeling like you need to get things done, its a good sign the baby is coming soon. So follow your instincts.When to start washing baby's clothes?
nesting is a nice feeling, however I would not overestimate its ability to predict when your baby will be out :-). I'd wait and wash them about a month before you due date, it's more than enough... In the beginning, whe you are in the hospital, you don't need that much of baby stuff, as the hospital provides it for you, so in case you give birth earlier that 36 weeks, you will still have some clothes on hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment