Thursday, January 7, 2010

Need a fast answer, ten points! =]...is there any way to wash clothes without washing powder?

Random question, I know, and I'm sorry if this isn't the right category, but I needed answers quickly =]





If I was going to HANDWASH clothes, is there anything i could use other than washing powder? Whats the next best thing? (e.g. soap? shampoo?)


And I'm going to handwash them, so I'm NOT looking for something else to put in the machine





sorry, I know its a stupid question, but any help would be great! And I suppose its a break from the 'does it sound like he likes me?' questions =P I'll answer yours if you answer mine!Need a fast answer, ten points! =]...is there any way to wash clothes without washing powder?
washing up liquidNeed a fast answer, ten points! =]...is there any way to wash clothes without washing powder?
Definitely soap! i do it all the time, half my clothes have to be handwashed!
My great granny used to use LUX soap flakes, which were made for shampoo to laundry!





It sounds like soft grated soap, if my granny's description is anything to go by.


I tried the same thing for my undies and t-shirts at uni, just grating some very plain soap, and I didn't have any problems.


I guess if you buy the most basic shower-gel/shampoo you can find (20p in Asda etc) it'll do the trick too, and saves on grating!





I saw a Michael Palin travel show recently. He was in India where there's a HUGE outdoor laundry. The guys there had immaculate whites, and all they used was regular plain soap and a scrubbing brush. (They whacked the clothes onto the stone too, but that's not always needed).





It helps to remember all these ';products'; are new in the big scheme of things. I use Bicarb of Soda to fix dye in the wash, and it's the basic ingredient in lots of ';products';. If our ancestors managed, then so can we!


Dig for victory, make do and mend...and so on!
dishwashing soapp and hand soap work the bestt.
Yes soap is very useful (especially for the tougher stains), although washing powder is good as well.





Although if you don't mind my asking, why wouldn't you want to use washing powder anyway?
soap hunn
very hot water and soap. i mean handwashing soap. but not a cheesy one
how about some plain old liquid laundry soap?
you can use hand soap! i do it all the time:)
im not sure if this is what your looking for but when i hand wash stuff i just dissolve about half a handfull of washing powder in warm water and then soak whatever. then put it in the machine for a rinse and spin
shampoo for wash conditioner for softener works really well i use it if i run out of proper stuff
I use dawn dish liquid for delicate clothes.
Any kind of soap or shampoo that contains sodium laureth sulfate. even foam bath. Just avoid stuff with loads of moisturisers in it. Washing up liquid works well.
Yes, you can use Palmolive dishwashing soap or Ivory dishwashing soap, they work, just put a litle bit. Good Luck!!!
just use normal soap

No comments:

Post a Comment