Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it customary to wait at a laundromat while you wash your clothes, or can you leave?

I've never been to a laundromat in my life and I just don't know what is normal practice when using one. Thanks for the help!Is it customary to wait at a laundromat while you wash your clothes, or can you leave?
Use a laundromat with an attendant on duty. They are usually cleaner.


If you want to leave, just ask the attendant to watch your machines. also if you need to leave, give the attendant money so they can move the clothes around for you . sometimes they will at least do that, because it frees up the machines for others.


**


attendants will help..it's in their best interest that your clothes are safe..or you won't go back ...clothes are usually stolen from the dryer..the items have now been cleaned and dried and they are visible thru the glass doors...good luck...Is it customary to wait at a laundromat while you wash your clothes, or can you leave?
It would be my suggestion that while you are at the Laundromat, stay there with your clothes. Although we would like to think that nothing could happen to our belongings, it can. Someone could mistake your clothing for theirs, and leave with them or if you aren't back in time when your machines stop, someone can remove your clothes from the machines, etc. There are certain laundromats that , if you don't have the time to stay there, they will wash your laundry for you for a fee. Where I am from, it is about $0.60 per pound of clothing. But do note that they will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles of clothing.
It depends on how safe the laundromat feels to you, and their policies. Staying can be boring, but it does insure that no one steals your laundry, because most places will state quite clearly that they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you do leave do not go for long, especially if the place is busy, because people will move your laundry around.
My sister and I used to meet at the laundromat once a week for dinner. We would put our wash in the machine and go across the street for Chinese food - so much fun, but someone stole my detergent once while we were in the restaurant. I've heard of people getting their clothes stolen, but it has never happened to me.
Our nearest launderette (UK name) is in a small neighbourhood shopping precinct. I put the wash in (only normally use launderette for duvet washing) and then go to the newsagent/sweet shop and buy chocolate and a magazine. I would make sure I was back before the machine finished because you never know who is going to walk in there and steal your king size winter duvet!
I always left, but I used the dry cleaning machines. So they were seldom busy and no one waiting.





Depends on the neighborhood...and if the machines are busy.





If the machines are buys then stay..





Also be VERY careful with clothes dryers..they can run HOT..so a little dry will do ya..in fact you can take out damp dry and hang...cheaper and better for wrinkle reduction.





I would not leave my detergents.



Either. You could bring a book or some homework, do some crosswords...





You can also leave. I wouldn't stay gone more than 1/2 hour for the washing and about an hour for the drying.





Much easier to have a seat and read, I've always found.
I always stay. It's kind of rude to just leave, especially if you are late coming back which can happen. You could be holding someone up or find your stuff thrown on the floor or on a dusty/dirty table. I usually just brought a book with me. I would sit and read.
If you are not there to get your clothes out and someone wants to use a machine. You might find your clothes all over the place and need to wash them again. You might not even be able to find your clothes.
If you leave, you run the risk of having your clothes stolen. I've taken the risk before, but only with clothes I didn't care about too much.
People WILL steal your clothes. I would stay.
I always stay there, because one time when I left, someone stole some of my stuff. Just take something to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment