Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it better to wash white clothes in hot or cold water?

I find hot works better :)Is it better to wash white clothes in hot or cold water?
if you use bleach with your whites you need to use cold water, hot water makes bleach uneffective, without bleach use hotIs it better to wash white clothes in hot or cold water?
cold
Definitely hot or warm water....As the machine is filling up, I always add a half a cup of bleach along with my regualer detergent to get whites Reeaally white. I do this evey other wash, though. Otherwise it can be hard on your clothing. Use cold H2o for darks.
i use hot for my whites and cold for my darks.
hot water removes stains better
hot water works best for my white clothes
Typically the whites cycle runs in hot water. But if the clothes are delicate, I would wash them in cold. It is easier on the fibers. Plus, Tide makes detergent now specifically for cold water, so they still get really clean.
hot water with bleach, dont forget the bleach hun. about a cup.
Ever see those Clorox Bleach commericals? Hot water and bleach!
Hot is good for whites and jeans, warm is good for t shirts, cold is good for delicates.
Depends on what they're made of and what you want to accomplish besides getting them clean.
Hot.
Hot water, I really don't know exactly why, but I'm a Mom and my daughter socks got more white in hot water that cold. Also if you dry your clothes outside in the sun, they got whiter.
Hot water is better for whites. It takes of any stains or dirt easier.
I wash everything in cold for 2 reasons. 1) Nothing shrinks. 2) save on the power bill.
Hot water
Hot water
hot.
hot
If clothes are synthetic, dont try hot water at any cost. If you have cotten wears, must wash white cloths with hot water.
That will depend on the fabric. The colour is not the determining factor for the water temperature.
Hot water, you use cold for colored cloths because they wont fade as fast.
Hot.
hot
I use Hot water for the white clothes.
Usually hot or warm water. It is best to read the care label on your clothes though, because some types of fabrics need to be washed differently than other types of fabrics. Some cloths can't even be put in a washing machine, and have to be sent to the dry cleaner, which is a bummer because that is expensive.
It is better with hot water because when you use bleach with your white clothes it kills the jerms better.
hot water
hot for whites cold for darks..
warm water....

No comments:

Post a Comment