Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm 29 weeks pregnant. How early should I start washing baby clothing and blankets?

I know that seems like a strange question, but I'm starting to get that urge to wash everything, but I don't want to do it too soon. Any good suggestions on when to launder everything?I'm 29 weeks pregnant. How early should I start washing baby clothing and blankets?
im also 29 weeks and have pretty much all the clothes ill need for a good while.. anywho i washed and put them away also did the blankets i have.. had the urge one day so i did it.. as i get more and its enough for a load of laundry or 2 i wash them and put them away also.. i mainly did it so i could get it organized so i knew what i had and didnt have and whatt all i needed come to find out i need socks and thats about it! haha


congrats! i bet ur just as excited as i am.. terrified to give birth but.. i suppose its a little late to turn back on that one haha..


p.s i am having a little boy and his name is Chandler...





EDITT:: just saw the person aboves answer and i have my clothes in a rubbermaid storage dresser thing... its smallish i guess.. also have the dryer sheets in with it and it does help keep it fresh who knows maybe ill wash it all again when the time gets closer hahaI'm 29 weeks pregnant. How early should I start washing baby clothing and blankets?
I'm 38w3d and okay, maybe I've left it a bit late, we started the blankets, towels and hospital outfits two weeks ago, today I'm going to do the rest - or I might push my luck and wait a bit longer... I'm trying to leave it as late as possible as the days are excruciatingly long and drawn out at the moment - once that's done there's just NOTHING left to do!





If you do any now, you'll probably have to do it again later but you'll have security of knowing it's done just in case bub comes early.
My advice is to wash it with an unscented, hypo-allergenic laundry detergent to avoid rashes on your baby's skin. You can wash it as soon as you want, but the problem will be keeping it fresh smelling. You should buy some rubbermaid tubs to fold and store everything you wash so it will retain it's freshness. You could put a couple dryer sheets between layers of blankets or clothes to help keep the scent pleasant.
I've been having to biggest urge to do this also (28 weeks pregnant)! I'm trying to make myself wait until after Christmas, atleast, and hopefully until after my baby shower (3 weeks later), just so that I can get everything washed and done at once.


I'm planning on using a detergent that is dye and fragrance free, since I have sensitive skin and use it anyways.


If you want to wash them now, go ahead, then put them into plastic tubs to keep them clean and dust free.
I would wait until ur about 34-36 weeks and of course I know you're going to use Dreft. You should also use that on your clothes too since you will be holding the baby alot and he/she will be touching your clothes. Good luck and congrats.
I would wait a few more weeks definately I would say around 35 weeks (in case u have the baby early)


U don't wanna wash it too early because you will just have to rewash everything again.


Good luck with everything
depends what season you are in if the weather is going to be fine leave it a bit longer but if the weather is not so great do it soon so you know everything will be done on time
Do it now while you feel like it. I'm 36 weeks and I started washing everything two days ago. I'm only about half way through it because to be honest, I'm too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment