Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you wash clothes before storing?

I have to store my clothes for a period of 1 month. Do I wash them before storing? I am going to put them in a suitcase any other advice?Do you wash clothes before storing?
How long since the last wash? If it has been over a month I would say wash them again. I wouldn't advise a suitcase, but if you must you should put them in a trash bag first and throw in a couple of moth balls (found in grocery stores or Wal-Mart) and tie it shut, then stick it in the suitcase. You can check this site to see the importance of mothballs.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MothballDo you wash clothes before storing?
Always wash your clothes before storing them away. Even in one months time the oils left on them from our bodies, that you can't see, would start to get funky on your clothes. I would also put them in plastic garbage bags in the suitcase and wrap them up tight.
Yes, if they have been worn all the sweat and flakes of skin will bed into the fabric, definitely wash if worn.





If new then no need.
I do wash before storing. I also wash my extra blankets before I put them up.





You may want to put packets of some desiccant with your clothes to help prevent mildew.





Good luck!
It depends where u are storing them? If u are going to wash them, u may be best to put them in a vacum type bag, get them from Asda for a couple of pounds, this would keep them fresher than a suitcase!





I think they could still get dirty/pick up funny smells in a suitcase!
You can always store them without washing but they will stink.
definitely , would not do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment