Monday, December 21, 2009

WASHING CLOTHES TURNED SHIRT COLORS????

I do my own laundry. And I know how to do it the right way. I wash my pants, polos, and t shirts etc. all in cold water. I have never had any problems. Until I moved in with my step mom. I washed clothes the other day and used the same soap i always do and no bleach as always. Well all my clothes came out ok except for my brown polo. It turned an orange color around the collar and sleeves. I dont get it?? Could some bleach be left behind from her previous load? Or is it there water maybe?? I need to know so i wont mess anything else up over there. Thanks.WASHING CLOTHES TURNED SHIRT COLORS????
If this was caused by bleach, I imagine you'd have smelled it before placing your clothes in the machine, and the damage would be evident on other garments.





Without seeing the shirt and the exact location of the discoloration, I'm guessing it was caused by sweat, antiperspirant/deodorant residue, or a combination of the two. Both can cause discolorations on your clothing, which often results in the affected areas appearing to have been bleached.

No comments:

Post a Comment