Thursday, December 24, 2009

How many times do I need to wash my clothes after possible contact with poison ivy?

I've washed the clothes twice that I was wearing when I came into contact with a vine that may have been poisonous. I did get a horrible rash all over after contact with the vine. I'm just not sure if there is something I need to do to safeguard against more rashes.How many times do I need to wash my clothes after possible contact with poison ivy?
I use the hottest water the fabric can stand, and lots of detergent.


I only wash the items once. You should be fine.


Usually it's my husband who gets into poison Ivy, and I get a rash


from handling his clothes. He's been pretty good about taking them off,


turning them inside out, and putting them in a plastic trash bag for me. Then I wear disposable gloves to handle the items.





So sorry! I'm highly allergic myself! Hubby is not at all


allergic to poison ivy. Good thing, as we have lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment