Monday, December 21, 2009

Best way to wash black clothes?

How can I wash black fabrics to prevent fading?Best way to wash black clothes?
I wash all my darks and blacks inside out, in cold water with woolite for darks. If any of my black clothes need freshening up and they are natural fibers like cotton, then i re-dye them with some ordinary RIT dye and they are as good as new. My family wears a lot of black, we're sort of like the Osbornes, only without a television series. Or the drugs.Best way to wash black clothes?
Cold water, and vinegar rinse sets the colors so fading will be minimal.


I add about 1 1/2 cups vinegar to the rinse water on setting colors. Then rinse normally and dry. NO the clothes do not smell like vinegar when dry.
this site has several answers to your question

No comments:

Post a Comment